Sunday, December 7, 2014

Introducing MJ Post -- That's Me!



I'm looking forward to lots of fun as I learn how to use the Blogger interface. Let me start by thanking friends in writers' groups for recommending that I try out this platform.  

So I guess I should introduce myself. I'm MJ Post -- you can call me MJ. This is a pseudonym I created to write romance. I like it for a lot of reasons, but one of the reasons I enjoy the name MJ is the great character of Mary Jane Watson from Spider-Man, who is spunky, entertaining, talented and beautiful, but also intelligent and caring, and has grown over the years to be assertive, responsible, and powerful. I want to write about heroines like that -- women of all ages who can take on the tough challenges, handle the ups and downs of life, and still wind up strong and loving.

Natalie, in Chances Are, my first work in romance, is that kind of heroine. Despite all her loss, she has such a strong spirit, you just can't count her out.

Mysti  Parker was such a great partner while writing this novella. She's a gem, and I really admire her ability to be a wife and mother and write all at the same time. She really knows how to take care of business!  I couldn't have asked for a better ally and friend in the world of authors. It was a tremendous a pleasure to work with her (and soon I'll start begging her to start another one with me…). Let me advise you in the strongest terms -- read Mysti's new ongoing series, The Roche Hotel. The light tone and fascinating supporting characters, the confident storytelling -- it's sensational.

So what's next from MJ Post? I'm starting a work on my own over Christmas break. Like my Facebook page for hints --  https://www.facebook.com/pages/MJ-Post-Author/302156203319243?sk=likes.

Excelsior!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home